Wow. Just WOW! So much has happened in the last week, I cannot even begin to tell you in 5 simple little facts. I’ll try my best, but talk about a jam-packed week. Many of my items happen to coincide with my 101 in 1001, so I’ll include all of those to get everything out in one fell swoop…
1. I finally did my pay it forward that I’ve been wanting to do since I started my 101 in 1001! I’ve had a few opportunities, and usually the person either had too much stuff (contrary to popular believe, I’m not made out of money)… or it just felt really awkward. Well, yesterday morning I knocked #36 off my list!
I was scheduled to take the business portion of the IRS Enrolled Agent exam at 8:00 a.m., and I was TOTALLY freaking out! I don’t remember the last time I was that nervous to take a test. I didn’t feel like I studied as much as I would have liked given everything that’s happened with my family the last couple of weeks, but I was just going to go take it anyway. I figured if I failed, I’d just reschedule and study harder the next attempt to pass that section before attempting to take any additional sections of the exam.
So, while I was in Circle K getting my morning Coca Cola (still haven’t crossed off #20 on the list), I decided to buy the person’s coffee behind me. Seriously? A buck for someone’s morning addiction; I can handle that. I was hoping it would help ease my jitters and make me feel happy and positive that I did something for someone else. He was totally shocked & said “you don’t have to do that!” I was like, “no, I want to. Just make sure you pay it forward.”
It worked! I had a smile on my face, and was able to drive to the testing center much calmer and happier after doing a little a.m. good deed.
2. Guess what! I passed!
3. I’ve been working up to get the winter lawn planted for a few weeks now. I’ve been getting after the kids to pull weeds, buying the grass and the manure, and making sure the sprinklers worked prior to laying out the seed last Friday night. Everything went according to plan and I actually had fun with the kids putting the seed down once the sun started to chill out around 5:00 p.m.
We got all finished around 6:30, and it was dark out. I’ll admit, it was a bit haphazard… but with three teenagers in the house, I was pretty impressed with their valient efforts.
5. On Monday, the 22nd, the kids & I were given seats on the floor at the Phoenix Suns game. None of them had ever been to a Suns game (although Chloe has been to two Phoenix Mercury games). We went and had a total blast together. I love spending time with the kids, and while I knew we wouldn’t get home until late on a school night (at the beginning of the week to boot)…. I didn’t want to pass up this opportunity to spend some awesome quality time together (even though it meant missing another night of studying for my exam)! There has been so much family stress and worry that I’m looking for every possible moment to make lasting memories with my kids.
6. I told you this was the bonus edition! Look! As of Wednesday, the 24th (only 5 days after laying down the seed), we have growth!
7. Thank you for following me! I can’t believe I’ve hit 200 followers already! You’re awesome!