I know I posted my final 5 Fact Friday, but I enjoy & miss my fellow Behind the Scenes mates… and I miss playing along even though these are usually my “least liked” posts (and I’m posting on a Saturday). I’ve come to the conclusion that photography blogs get a lot of “likes” in the WordPress Reader since it’s easy to click on the like button without actually ever having to read the blog post. The image stands out, so it’s fast to scroll through the reader and like the most attractive imagery. I’ll admit I’m guilty of that the same as the next person… if the first 3 lines reel me in, I will go into the post and read the whole thing. So, I’m concluding that having a boatload of likes doesn’t necessarily mean anyone is really following me or liking me, lol. And THAT was quite a ramble.
On with my (day late) 5 facts:
- I took my kids to Charlie Clark’s steakhouse yesterday for the first time. It’s my favorite place to eat up in the White Mountains.
- Spending time with my kids has been priceless. No school. No work. Just us hanging out, going on adventures.
- I’ve been shooting RAW consistently, and am amazed at the colors in my photography. Perhaps that’s the camera as well, but I really don’t have to process any of my images. They’re pretty much perfect SOOC. (I think I get to cross that off my list of 101 in 1001 (#58) officially, now.)
- I’ve been playing A LOT with HDR in Photoshop. Eventually I may switch to Photomatix, but for now, I’m using the software that I have. Who knows what else I’ll be able to do with Lightroom once I learn that software.
- I’ve been having a blast with iPhoneography & Instagram. (I may have already said that in another (or several) posts). It makes life easy in a restaurant to just whip out your iPhone rather than a big, bulky Nikon & lens.